Sunday, November 20, 2011

I'd rather be delivering a story post

I was reading through a friend's story blog, and I noticed it had been five weeks since I last updated. Yikes! I really didn't mean to go that long, but I haven't turned on Sims at all, not even to play Pets. It is possible that I just don't feel like playing sims right now, since this stuff usually goes in phases anyway. But I think my main problem is just that I keep alternating between feeling really great and like total crap. It's not a winter specific sickness, just the regular, "You think you can write?" bug.

I'm pushing on, but I don't have much energy to wrestle with sims by the end of the day. (Though I can see the next scene so clearly in my head...)

In the meantime, what am I working on? Let's see if you all recognize him. :D



This is just the rough color copy. The artist's DA page can be found here.

5 comments:

  1. I would like to say that sometimes you end up realizing that you are writing about someone you didn't think you were writing about. Including this man.

    The cover shot is stunning. And perfect. It captures both his menace, his intelligence, and his sheer exhaustion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cover artist did such a fantastic job. I love it!

    I won't say who I think it is, seeing I already know for sure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll admit that this one was a surprise for me. I didn't plan on writing about him! It sort of came out, and I liked it enough to continue forward with it.

    Thank you, yes that's him exactly in those three words: intelligent, menacing, and exhausted.


    Carla, lol, thank you! And thank you so much for your help on the MS too. It's changing a bit after all the feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome - it was a pleasure! I can't wait to read the finished product. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I knew who it was until I read the comments. Now I am not so sure. That artwork is incredible.

    I agree wholeheartedly with Beth's assessment - intelligent, menacing and weary brilliantly captured in the illustration.

    ReplyDelete