Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Profile: Shawn

If you're just perusing, you might want to wait until you get to the point in the story where I actually link to this profile to avoid any spoilers.


Height: 5'4" (in my head Mary's actually taller than her)
Age: 30-something in Mary's story, so 40 something in Paula's story
Rank: Full rank earned through service
Power: Unknown by me currently, she doesn't like to use it or rely on it.


Shawn has a lot of influence with the upcoming generations, but it isn't something she wields in any sort of an obvious manner. She prefers to stay in the background. Those who know her, respect her and trust her.

Shawn is in charge of the care centers. (There's more than one. You don't think they'd put all their kids in one place, do you?) It wasn't really something she was appointed to, it was something she chose to do. She reasoned that although she wasn't cut out to work with people's children, she could do it better than the others. (I have a feeling that I'm making her logic sound nicer than it was.)


Really, she oversees the humans that watch the children at the care centers.

Shawn was experimented on as a teen and actually knew Henri from before the labs. Her past is similar to his past.


View on Sex: When she was younger, she was indiscriminate with partners. It didn't really matter to her because The Procedure was done on her by her parents who feared she'd inadvertently get pregnant. It was an experimental process at the time in her territory that left her sterile, her eggs frozen for use later.

As she's grown older, she's grown choosier.

6 comments:

  1. Her face is so compelling--she's almost more cute than beautiful, but she's still mesmerizing to look at. I swear, your skill with the faces just kills me.

    Wow...someone who knows Henri from before the labs?! That's amazing! I hope we'll get to hear more about that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a bit more cute than beautiful. Which is pretty fitting; she'd definitely use that to her advantage.

    To be honest, I don't know that I really made this one. She might be another one of the premade sims, but I really can't remember.

    And we'll see. I need to get writing, like furiously, in the next two weeks to make sure everything is ready for the next phase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say that Shawn is very cute too. That could work to her advantage. People wouldn't expect someone so adorable to wield so much respect.

    Is Shawn the first female you've shown us who's a full rank? Is that rare? Their society seems to be male-dominated at times, although there are definitely important women around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she's always used it to her advantage. I see her as being one of those girls who's super cute, and yet they're actually be hard to keep up with.

    Shawn is the first female I've shown so far of full rank. There are others, but it's a numbers thing. There are more males than females I think of the old generation, and I think there is a reason for that. Mostly, more males were experimented on than females.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this after your reply on my comment to "gone" and I'm glad I did. These profiles are absolutely wonderful.

    I had no idea experiments "oversee" humans like Shawn does, but it makes sense.

    I like the fact that she built a nice relationship with Mary and talks to her on such an equal level. She seems nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Moondaisy.

    The care center is something of a big operation, so it would need some oversight. Shawn, of the older generation is the best one for the job.

    I had fun with Mary and Shawn. I think that's a friendship that needs more exploration one day because I have a strong suspicion that a lot of it had to do with Shawn's own curiosity about Mary.

    ReplyDelete